Wednesday 27 August 2008

A Little Knowledge is Dangerous

I have to admit, I am just about convinced that Mac is the way to go! The fact that there is no ready help available from Microsoft other than that damn dancing paper clip, makes me think there must be a better/easier way! I cannot believe that I have spent hours as well as at least 50 pages of labels trying to print out the labels for Matt and Rachel's celebration here in Stamford! I used the program for the Save The Date cards...no problem. This time it was an utter nightmare! First I spent time with Amy with her walking me through the process only to find out that the program was reprinting some labels and not including others! My friend Hillary came over after Mah Jongg today to walk me trough it. Would you believe it took both of us and another 6 or so wasted pages of labels to get it to happen! So, maybe having someone do calligraphy might have been an answer! Considering the money I spent on wasted labels I would have been able to afford at least 10 hand done labels! So, the lesson to be learned here...don't think because you have done something once on the computer it will be easy the second time. What I better do is put an announcement on a local Yahoo site telling of my talent before I forget how to do it again!

1 comment:

Amy K said...

I print out a sample page on paper first to make sure it is working before I go to the expensive stuff.