Sunday 10 August 2008

Interesting Summer Salads

Well, its that time of year when the produce is so succulent you don't know what to eat first! I have been doing some different additions to the dinner salads that have been wonderful. First, fresh figs seem to be in season. I have added them with goat cheese to the salad along with fresh herbs: basil, tarragon, thyme and drizzled with a bit of raspberry vinegar! Very yummy! Then I remembered last year I made a salad of watermellon, goat cheese and fresh basil with a little balsamic vinegar delicious! Have also been into summer squash. I have been sauteing onions in a little olive oil adding the squash, cookling until tender. Than add fresh basil or thyme. To die for! Anyway, those are the food thoughts of the day! More to come!

No comments: