Wednesday 2 April 2008

Spring is coming!

Well, after all the rain we had this winter it is encouraging to know that Spring is on the way. You may ask yourself how am I so confident of its arrival? Well, here's one sure way to tell; the bulbs are pushing their little heads out of the ground and the tips of buds are coming out of them. Seeing the buds is quite an achievement since we never know when the deer will attack them. We know from previous years that the deer love nothing more than the new buds. When we moved into this house my mother gave us many bulbs from her garden. Mom used to have the loveliest tulips. I was certain there was something wrong with our soil, the exposure or, perhaps, how the bulbs were planted. One evening I came around the corner to our house and there was Bambi and all her friends, chowing down on my tulips! So, now I know, the exposure is fine it is the 4 legged critters that love the new spring shoots!

1 comment:

Amy K said...

You are supporting wildlife.