Tuesday 8 April 2008

April in Praia D'El Rey Rey, Portugal

We are in a Marriott golf resort about one hour north of Lisbon; the facility is beautiful. We are on the Atlantic Ocean (if you want to run to the beach and send us a bottled note we'll run down and get it!). the food has been plentiful, good and expensive! Actually with the dollar being so weak; everything is expensive. Today I took a cab to a small town of Obidos (the "s" is pronounced as a "sh" so it takes a little getting used to. This is a small village with a castle and surrounded with a wall that dates back to the Moors. There are two main streets and, lucky for me, this is off season. If the tourists were here I wouldn't have been able to get a picture without hordes of people! I did meet some travelers; one group from Maryland another woman from Virginia traveling alone. The only negative about the trip so far is that the weather stinks! It has rained since we got here. Most of the time it is on and off drizzle until tonight when it all time poured! The good news is the flowers are in bloom so I have pictures of Wisteria, roses, Calla lillies and orange blossoms! I wish there was a way to bottle the fragrance and bring it back. Unfortunately forgot the cable for my camera so I won't be able to send pictures until I get home. Have something planned for tomorrow if I don't get rained out!

No comments: