Friday 25 January 2008

Get out those soup recipes!

Earlier in the winter we talked about trying new soups; well, now we are going to have to put that idea to the test. Our hostess for the Super Bowl has set the theme for the evening to be "New" since both teams have new in their name. I am responsible for the soup. Rules: it must be something new for you to make, in other words a recipe you have never tried. Tonight I have my soup cookbooks spread out to read so I can make a decision. Recently there was a recipe in The Times for Beet Curry Soup, sounds good to me but I know not everyone likes beets. Another recipe is Chicken and Almond Soup, the description says "this spicy soup makes an excellent lunch or super dish when served with Indian nan bread. I'm concerned this may be too spicy. so, back to reading my books!

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Maybe new potato and something? Stephen loves broccoli and stilton soup.

Lorraine said...

sounds yummy! I'm going to make Moroccan Vegetable soup. It has parsnip and pumpkin, not too spicey!