Saturday 22 December 2007

GPS

Well those of you who know me well know that I have been kvetching (complaining) over getting a gps for months. I had purchased a system for my Palm realized I had to download maps, etc, basically it seemed like a major project. So, for my birthday David encouraged me to pick out the gps of my dreams! What a cool gift. Well, after reading many reviews I decided on the TomTom GO 920T. Talk about bells and whistles, for instance you can speak where you want to go into the unit and it will take you there rather than have to punch in the numbers. One of the major benefits of a gps system that is not part of the equipment of your car is that you can use it while you are driving. A definite benefit since there are times when I'm with David in his car and we want to see alternate routes and you can't put in the address you are looking for while the car is going. A safety standard I'm sure but frustrating when you are sure you're getting further and further from your destination! So, the activity for today will be to get familiar with the capabilities of this fun new device! I am totally psyched!

No comments: