Saturday 5 July 2008

Where does the time go???

Tonight we went out to the movies with friends and saw "When Was The Last Time You Saw Your Father?" We all thought it was a fantastic movie. I spent a lot of time thinking about the name of the movie...when was the last time I saw MY father as I knew him? On that same theme, I was looking through some old pictures this afternoon. There was one with a picture of my dad cutting his birthday cake for his 85th. Now, looking at that picture, even then, he was not my father! One of the things that really brought this home to me today was that Uncle Paul (Dad's youngest brother) was visiting this week. I have always felt the two of them look so much alike. So, how far back do I have to look to see when I last saw my father. One of the women tonight commented that out of the 8 of us I was the only one that still had her father. Do I really have him or just physically someone that looks like him?

No comments: