Sunday 21 October 2007

A Little Bit of sugar...

Well, we all know the song that Mary Poppins made popular "A little bit of sugar makes the medicine go down"! A little bit, yeah, right! I can't believe how addictive sugar can be. Last night we had people over for desert after the Jewish Film Festival opening night. The deserts were great and I managed to get through the evening without eating or craving any. That was last night; tonight was a whole different story. Friends invited us over for dinner; very delicious! When we got home it was like the leftovers from last night were calling me from the refrigerator! I finally had a small piece of pie, that turned into a brownie followed by a piece of carrot cake. It was like I was another person watching what was going on! Then, of course, the guilt set in. Now I'm feeling nauceous...I have this yucky taste in my mouth! What is so frustrating to me is that I've not had sugar in over 3 weeks! Ok, can't beat myself up...got to get on with it! Just to get the devilish things away from my sight I've asked David to put them out in the garage. Hopefully he'll finish them up tomorrow!

No comments: