Saturday 1 September 2007

Visit to Silverman's Farm




Phil (my younger brother) and his son Marc have come to visit from Atlanta. Marc is starting his Sophmore year at Wentworth College in Boston; Phil will be driving Marc to school and getting him settled. Actually, I think they want to check out some of the good food that would not normally be in Marc's price range! Well, they landed in Westchester on Thursday afternoon, we took my car and David's and started our drive to Silverman's Farm to visit with cousins Hal and Bess Wallach. (FYI, Bess Wallach is a Silverman) Well, what should have been a 20 minute ride took 2 and a half hours! It was definitely worth the trip. Irv (Bess's brother) and his wife, Nancy, live high on the hill overlooking the apple orchard. It was lovely! You could see all the way to Long Island! The apples looked lovely, however, we were not invited to pick any! Oh well, maybe next time. I just realized that I never explained why we were taking 2 cars to Easton, where the Silverman's Farm is. Easton is very close to Lake Zoar where we had a summer cabin when we were growing up. Phil and his friends bought the cabin from Grampie and Uncle Lenoard and fixed it up. It is beautiful! So, it was my thought that we would visit at the farm and then I would go back to Stamford for an 8:00pm meeting and the others could take a ride up the Lake. Considering we didn't get to the farm until 6:45 that plan didn't work. Needless to say, I did not go to my meeting!


Hal, Bess and their kids (the four men are their sons).





1 comment:

Amy K said...

Check this out - a Lake Zoar website http://www.lakezoarct.com/